Saturday, January 20, 2007

No Fool Like an Old Fool

One thing I've tried to stay away from in a month of blogging is repetitious cut-and-paste. But I found this too irresistible not to comment on:

By CHARLES ODUM, Associated Press Writer

ATHENS, Ga. - Former President Jimmy Carter said Saturday that the storm of criticism he has faced for his recent book has not weakened his resolve for fair treatment of Israelis and Palestinians.

"I have been called a liar," Carter said at a town hall meeting on the second day of a three-day symposium on his presidency at the University of Georgia.

Well, that's because he has been lying.

"I have been called an anti-Semite," he said. "I have been called a bigot. I have been called a plagiarist. I have been called a coward. Those kind of accusations, they concern me, but they don't detract from the fact the book is accurate and is needed."

I don't know about the plagiarism but the rest rings fairly accurate. Except the part about the book itself being accurate because many people have proven it is not.

Following the publication of the book: "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid," 14 members of an advisory board to his Carter Center resigned in protest. Those former board members and other critics contend the book is unfairly critical of Israel.

"Not one of the critics of my book has contradicted any of the basic premises ... that is the horrible persecution and oppression of the Palestinian people and secondly that the formula for finding peace in the Middle East already exists," the 82-year-old Carter said.


Funny how even beyond the storm of criticism and the vast corrections of his factual errors (see, Jimmy, another lie) 14 members of his own advisory board resigned in protest. That's 14 people who were close allies of the former President and even they couldn't handle his BS.

The absolute fact here is that Jimmy just doesn't get it. He's the epitome of the muddle-minded liberal thinking that is killing our civilization. There is a RIGHT and a WRONG here, not a right and a left. The RIGHT is a country that is a democracy, that offers freedoms for all its citizens, that does not oppress its women, that does not send its young to blow up and that does not live on venomous hate and a desire to kill and die.

Jimmy the Dhimmi has chosen WRONG. He has opted to close his eyes to the long-time genocidal desires of the palestinian leadership and to claim that because Israel refuses to give in to those desires, that Israel is the oppressor. By Jimmy's standards, the Germans were correct to put the nazis in power and follow Hitler's genocidal path because the WWI treaty did not work in Germany's favour.

No. What happened in 1947/48 could have been settled in 1947/48 but the arabs chose not to. It could have been corrected on many occasions since then and on each and every occasion (excepting the treaties with Jordan and Egypt) the arabs have chosen not to.

There is a clear and moral distinction between the actions of the Israelis in 99.9 per cent of the cases and the murderous barbarians who lead the Palestinians. Jimmy has sold his soul and all the mea culpas in the world will never buy it back for him.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Southfield, I haven't blogged on this, because I couldn't figure out how to say it. I was just too damn angry.

Thanks, man.

southfield_2001 said...

sadly, Michael, I imagine both of us, as many others do, could blog exclusively on the moronic statements of people like Carter and the moronic actions of people like the arab leaders.
I've tried not to get caught up in that even though it's tempting. There are many bloggers who focus only on world politics and who do a good job of it.
I find, as I'd bet you do, that the state of the world today is troubling and frustrating and I find myself shaking my head in disbelief/anger on a near daily basis at some of the stuff going on.